Friday, February 10, 2012

Back to the blog

I want to personally thank everyone in the Marist Track Family – men's team, women's team, coaches, parents, alumni, athletic department staff, friends – who have been so extremely supportive of our family at this time of unexpected loss. The love and caring that we have been surrounded by during this time will never be forgotten.

The coming days, weeks and months will continue to provide challenges to my family and me – most particularly my wife. My primary focus needs to remain there and as such, your understanding and patience will be appreciated. I will continue to be as focused and dedicated on our program as I possibly can during this time.

For this weekend’s Valentine Invitational at Boston University, I have stayed home to continue to take care of things. Coach Emeritus Phil Kelly stepped in to help out in my absence. Coach Chuck and Coach Horton have provided the usual, expected strong leadership for our programs, which seem to run as good or better in my absence (and that makes me feel great!). I have missed everyone a lot, and look forward to getting back into things.

Results from Valentine will be posted here as I get them via Internet and text. Not sure what splits will be taken; if any are provided to me, I will gladly post them.

Thanks again.

No comments: