Thursday, August 19, 2010

Fundraising update

For any alums that follow this blog: By now, you probably have received my fancy fundraising letter. If you have not and you want one of your own, please email me at runhed246@hotmail.com. I will get one out to you as soon as possible -- right now, I have run out of envelopes, but hope to get a new stash in a day or two.

I have been mailing the letters in waves. The first batch went out last Thursday. Already, I have received several generous donations. As I said in the letter, I am not "keeping score." Rest assured that I am humbled and honored and mostly THANKFUL for any amount, or even that you care to return and write a funny note along with your unusual but extremely generous donation (that would be REESE!).

Again, without getting into great detail, I will say this: The award for the first letter and donation received back to me at the McCann Center, goes to ... drumroll please ... I know the suspense is killing you ...

LOUIS CAPORALE JR., Class of 1998 (or was it '99?). I'm terrible with that, sorry. You win, Louis! It is fitting, as Lou has been a loyal and ardent alum of our program. There are many loyal and ardent alums of our program. Louis is at or near the top of the list.

I will probably repeat this a hundred times in current and future posts. To all who return the letters with donations: Thank you, thank you, thank you. It will all go to good use. Trust me on that.

No comments: