Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Nick Is In Italy

A key component of our distance team is missing this semester. Junior Nick Webster is studying abroad in Florence, Italy. He is missed by this old coach, and I'm sure by his loyal friends and teammates.

But fear not. Web is having the experience of his life over in the Land of My Ancestors. (An aside: I am a first-generation Italian. My father was born there and moved here at age 7; my mother was born in Brooklyn but moved to Italy, where she grew up until age 15. Mine was an international, bilingual home growing up and I am proud of my heritage)

Anyway. If you are interested in Web's exploits (I know I am), he created a blog like this (only better looking and perhaps more interesting). Here is the link. Check it out, bookmark it and live vicariously through this globetrotting Running Red Fox.

Here's hoping he has memories that last a lifetime. And maybe, run a few miles while he is there. I'm sure Web will maintain his fitness and be ready to tackle summer training with a vengeance upon his return to the States in May.

No comments: