Monday, June 22, 2009

Team barbecue date set: July 18

OK, OK ... not a lot of posts, I know. It's THAT time of year. When I don't post much.

For those keeping score at home, in June 2008 I posted twice. In July 2008 I posted exactly 0 times. Low motivational time of year for me in this blogging department. I'm human.

Anyway: Colin Johnson, who is interning here at Dutchess County's Finest Daily Newspaper, gently reminded me (actually, he verbally bludgeoned and browbeat me) that I have not posted in a while.

So Colin: This one's for you.

Actually, it's for the whole team.

Hear ye, hear ye ... the Summer Team Barbecue, requested by one and all, will be held on Saturday, July 18 at Casa Colaizzo in historic Hyde Park. A few notes on this barbecue:

1. Alumni and friends are welcome to attend if they would like, but they must notify me via email or text of their attendance.
2. No alcohol will be allowed or present at this barbecue (this is obvious, but may well eliminate the need or desire for/from #1...)
3. We will provide much of the barbecue foods (burgers, hot dogs, kielbasa, chicken). Which leads to the very important ...
4. YOU ALL (as in ORGANIZE AND FIGURE IT OUT!) will provide drinks (water, Gatorade, soda, etc) and snacks and anything else you want to consume (except alcohol, of course).
5. If you require overnight lodging, I recommend Sunset. This is a not-so-subtle hint that no overnight guests will be lodged at Casa Colaizzo. Along with being a probable violation, it will not go over well at home (plus, you may get hit by flying objects from James, my youngest and very wild son)
6. It is a requirement that everyone has FUN.
7. Oh wait. FUN does NOT include our basketball hoop at the end of the road. Don't even get me started ...

Check your email in the coming days/weeks for further details and updates on this fantastic event. I hope to see you all there.

As for future posts ... keep bugging me and I'll get around to it.

No comments: