Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Hammered in Eugene



Quit snickering and laughing ... it's not what you think.

This post and these photos are for my Poughkeepsie Journal colleague and fellow track fanatic Peter Van Aken. Peter, these are photos of the hammer throw area, which is just south of the track area at Hayward Field.

For those that are interested, Manhattan College graduate Thomas "Jake" Freeman was second in the nation in the hammer throw.

In addition: Peter graduated from Marist more than 30 years ago and still holds the hammer school record.

2 comments:

peter said...

Thank you very much, Coach. I finally clicked on your posting Sunday July 12!

When you get a chance, please update my official record to 46.64m, 1977, and Hank Blum's discus record to 44.24, still 1971.

maybe recruiting material: Minisink Valley high school junior Alec Faldermeyer (Orange County) finished 6th in the world at the World Youth T & F Championships in Italy July 10th....

Thanks again for allowing me to see my version of "field heaven".

peter said...

and yes, I am STILL your colleague, after "black Thursday".