Monday, May 11, 2009

Icahn meet and team captains

Hello all blog followers:

I will post Icahn splits here as soon as I can. For the most part, they are not pretty. But overall, it was not an awful night. The meet was run better than last year. But not by much. Why they split the men's 5k into two sections is beyond me. And then: They decide to run the decathlon 1500 (all 2 athletes) in between sections, making the seeded 5k runners wait some more. Most had warmed up 2 hours prior to their race. Ridiculous. To his credit, Will Griffin did NOT use this as an excuse for a subpar race. Just not a good night for him. However, it had to have some negative impact.

Again, not a great night for us, but at least the weather was nice.

Second point: During my endless down time at this meet, I counted and tallied the Team Captain vote ballots. I will tell everyone the results when I see you at individual/group end-of-year meetings both Tuesday and Wednesday. Unless you would like me to post them on the blog sooner.

If you would like to find out the results sooner via blog, please post a comment and/or send me a text message. Note that I will not be on or near a computer until much later tonight. But I will check back in and get the splits up when I can later.

Otherwise, I'll see you all soon.

Next up: Keegs and Addie in the IC4A and ECAC 10,000 meters. Friday night. Princeton.

No comments: