Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Walkway races: Trending

Heard around the McCann Center this morning: Apparently, the Walkway Marathon races and Marist’s participation in them was a hot trend on Social Media. According to one person with knowledge of these statistics, one of the hashtags (presumably #WalkwayMarathon) was trending fourth in the world on Social Media (presumably Twitter) on Sunday. Of course! I’m too lazy to corroborate this as factual information, and I’m sure somebody will want to prove me wrong on this fact. As I like to say with such factoids: That, and $1.30, will get me a cup of coffee at Stewart’s. However, for the Important People Who Care About Such Statistics, this is and was a Big Deal. And as a result, we are well pleased.

On a more relevant note, in the old-school meaning of “trending,” an informal polling of former and current team members leads me to believe that this event will be trending positively among both groups. As in: Our participation will continue to grow. That’s the goal, anyway. Everyone involved from the Marist Running Family had a great weekend – no matter the race outcomes, which were mostly pretty strong. My Fancy Alumni Reception in the historic Cornell Boathouse never really materialized. But as the aforementioned “person with knowledge of these statistics” said, if we just rename it the “Marist Track/XC Alumni Hospitality Area,” that would be more appropriate. Yeah. I like that. Besides! It gave you all a convenient and private place to use the facilities pre- and post-race. Right? Right. 

No comments: