Monday, November 16, 2015

Mike G gets second at trail marathon

Congrats to Marist Running Alum Mike Guarascio (Mike G.) for his runner-up finish (2nd place, out of 206 runners!) at the Stone Cat Trail Marathon in Ipswich, MA, on Nov. 7. Mike completed the tough course in 3:18:34. Here is a “goofy photo” of Mike waving to his daughter at the finish, “she was definitely surprised to see me emerge from the woods looking delirious.”


Here’s part of Mike’s race report via email: “I was really just shooting for a top-5 finish if I had a good day, and figured 3:30 would be a good target, so I’m definitely pleased with the race. Rolling hills the whole way, lots of single-track and turns, and a couple of massive hills at the end of the loop (which we did twice). Hoping I can give a road marathon another shot in the future to better my PR (2:53). But for now, going to rest up and get ready for another kid in a month.” 

Congrats on the great race, Mike, and good luck with the growing family!

No comments: