Saturday, August 29, 2015

Wrapping up preseason with a BBQ


We had a very pleasant team BBQ on "South Field" -- the grass field behind the McCann Baseball Field outfield fences and next to the McCann Center -- on Friday afternoon/early evening. It was made all the more enjoyable with the presence of a few track team members who are on campus early for a variety of reasons. Great to have them!

While I mostly enjoyed myself, I also found myself pacing nervously while the "men" were acting like "boys" and playing various, crude forms of ultimate frisbee and touch football. Always wary of freak injuries, I did not enjoy watching these "activities" but everyone emerged unscathed. This concluded a very positive and productive preseason. Classes start on Monday, and we continue to forge on with the hopes of a strong and positive XC season.

No comments: