Thursday, May 22, 2014

Chillin' with Cuesta

I spent a very productive two hours this morning in our McCann Center office with Marist Running Alum Alex Cuesta, who has been helping out with our team on a voluntary basis since returning to the area a few months ago. We probably got more accomplished in two hours than has been accomplished in two years in my office. Recent team members will probably appreciate this; since the beloved couch was unceremoniously discarded, my office has basically reverted to a storage area. No work and no meetings occur there, as once was the case.

Cuesta and I are trying to remedy that chasm this summer, and it will be an ongoing process. The morning started out fantastically, as Cuesta brought me a large Stewart's coffee -- "I wasn't sure how you liked it, Coach, so it's black." ... PERFECT! Things can only proceed well after such a start. Cuesta has emerged as a loyal program alum, and we look forward to his continued affiliation with the newest generation of Running Red Foxes. Hopefully, we will have a great unveiling of the new and improved track office in McCann, later this summer.

No comments: