Sunday, July 7, 2013

Gimme Swelter

OK! We are back from our Lake George holiday. In all honesty, I wish I were still there. Why? Lots of reasons, not the least of which is that it is REALLY HOT and the lake is REALLY COOL. Good enough reason, yes? Hey. It's July 7. It's hot. Not exactly breaking news there. Highlights from vacation? It rained every day. Every single day! But no worries. It did not dampen our spirits. Hah! My first public pun in weeks. Bet you missed that. Also, I shared an Adult Beverage with my favorite Bro, Marist Running Alum Luke Shane, who was visiting family in Bolton Landing. Good stuff. Luke is training hard for the Philly Marathon.

Speaking of puns ... the title of this post is a takeoff on the Rolling Stones' "Gimme Shelter." It remains one of my top two favorite heat-related Tabloid Pun Headlines Ever, with the other being: "It's Not The Heat; It's The Stupidity."

Stay cool. Run. Rehydrate. Run some more. Especially the Rehydrate part.

No comments: