Monday, June 13, 2011

Team summer barbecue: July 23

As we did last summer, we are planning a midsummer team barbecue at the Boathouse along the Hudson River. No date will work for everyone, so I apologize in advance if this date does not work:

Saturday, July 23

More details to follow in the coming weeks. It will be very informal for a few hours in the middle of the afternoon. All team members are welcome and encouraged to attend. Bring friends. Bring alums! If you are reading this and are interested in attending, come on down!

Speaking of alums and barbecues along the Hudson River ... save the date of Saturday, Sept. 10 for the Red Fox Trot 5K. We want a BIG ALUMNI TURNOUT for the run this year. Afterwards, we will have an informal barbecue with team members along the Hudson River.

For those interested, new Marist Alumni Racing Team singlets will be available later in the summer. I only ordered 30 of them, sorry. 2011 alums get first dibs. The order was already made, I ordered mostly smalls and mediums as Nike (yes, Geist, NIKE!) tends to run big. I did order one XL ... for me. I tend to run big. But hey, at least I still run!

Email or text me with your MART singlet requests ... again, if you already have one or two, you can request a new one ... but priority goes to those who have never gotten one.

Also, a programming note: June is probably the lightest month in terms of blog posts. Well, July too, when I am on vacation. So if there are gaps, there are gaps. Next week is USA Juniors, so we'll be doing a few off that trip ...

No comments: