Monday, December 1, 2008

Indoor track, 2009

My favorite season: Indoor track!

Today was the first day of my favorite season. Why is indoor track my favorite season? Two main reasons.

1. Simplicity. No vans for practice. No need to go off campus. We practice in the field house or on the roads. Life is simpler during the winter.
2. It's warm. No freezing cold meets (xc or outdoors). See photo in previous post to witness how cold it was at Vanny for ICs. Yikes. The Armory is nice and warm. And there is no wind, unless you are standing by a window or out fetching a slice of pizza at that great pizzeria on Broadway.

Now, having said that ... the truth is my favorite season is the one we are in. I can deal with bad weather if the racing is good. Regionals was a mud-fest and ICs was a wind-blown day, but both elicited smiles as the team ran well. There were some cold and rainy outdoor meets last spring, but no one minds when PRs are recorded.

So, I love all the seasons.

Now that we are in indoors, it's my favorite. It's also the longest season. And again, that's OK.

All right. As a public service to all of you in the Blogosphere, here is our indoor track schedule for this winter. Any Marist Alumni Racing Team members interested in racing any of the meets, contact me and we'll see what we can do. Other than Yale, Mets and MAAC, all meets on the schedule welcome open athletes. Just make sure you are ready to run reasonably fast.

Here's the slate.

Saturday, 12.6: at Yale University Season Opener, Coxe Cage, New Haven, CT
Friday, 1.9: at NYU Metro Coaches Invitational, NYC Armory
Friday, 1.16: at NYU Gotham Cup, NYC Armory
Friday/Saturday, 1.23/24: at Terrier Invitational, Boston University
Thursday, 1.29: at Mets, NYC Armory
Friday, 2.6: OFF WEEKEND (if an earlier meet is snowed out we may find a replacement meet here)
Friday/Saturday, 2.13/14: at Valentine Invite, Boston University
Friday, 2.20: at MAAC Championships, NYC Armory
Friday, 2.27: at NYU Fastrack, NYC Armory
Friday/Sunday, 3.6-3.8: at IC4A/ECAC Championships, Boston University (qualifiers only)

5 comments:

Geoff Decker said...

I'm eyeing at least on Boston meet. I also think we should do another 4x800 meter showdown.

Tom Dixon said...

idea for blog question...
What is your favorite season?

Justin said...

I'll be going to a Boston Meet or two. I'm down for a 4x800, but put me at Alternate.

Unknown said...

I'll be living in Boston and will frequent the meets there... I have been part of the undergrad/alumni clash before as an undergrad. I'd love to take part from the other side.

Unknown said...

Teddy - I didn't realize you'll be moving to Boston. Let's get in touch for some runs.

I'm sure I'll be at some of the beantown indoor meets, hopefully racing.