Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Schab, Uncle Duane, Coach Peach

Final Disney thoughts:

1. Schab. Great to have him crashing in our hotel room and basically being an assistant coach to me and to Chuck. As per Schab Policy, he got about 3 hours' sleep each night on the floor, mostly because he was out till all hours of the night/early morning hanging out with ...

2. Uncle Duane. Uncle Duane! Hopkins' awesome relative. If you want to get a glimpse as to what Sean Hopkins will be like in, oh, 20 years, just give Uncle Duane a call and have a beverage or three with him. (Note: Despite much prodding and arm-twisting, I did NOT go out with UD and Schabby, as per Athletic Department policy. Schab can attest to this). Anyway, Uncle Duane came to Disney and cheered on the Running Red Foxes. Great to have him on board.

3. Coach Peach. On one of our bus rides around Disney properties, a driver who was English-speaking-challenged asked me my name. Pete, I said. Peach, he asked? No. Pete, I said. Peach, he asked? No. You write it down, he said. And so I did. Ah, driver said: Coach Peach! And so, a Disney legend was born. Coach Peach. This, of course, became a recurring theme for the rest of the weekend.

So long, Mickey. See you in 4 years, hopefully, if I'm still doing this.

No comments: