Monday, April 16, 2018

Boston Marathon: Nicely soaked



Very proud of our Marist alums who battled it out in epic bad conditions today in Boston. Shout-out to all of them, starting with Deedy (!), who ran tremendously well out there. Our leading ladies, Kara Lights and Kelley Posch, killed it out there as well. Kell PRed by exactly two minutes. How do you PR in this nonsense? Others listed include Marist’s Dean of Admission Kent Rinehart, who dialed back the intensity in the slop and had a great run, and long sprinter Nate Lungarini, who gamely finished the race.

Here are some notes and photos from texts …

Deedy: Everything considered, happy with how today went. Loved the race.

Kell: Easily the worst I’ve ever been a part of. Numb feet for four miles, then I warmed up. But it was thrashing rain at times and never lightened up. Nevertheless it was legendary!! I’ll never forget cresting heartbreak and a bout of monsoon rains came smashing down. It was borderline celebratory!

Kent: What a day. Winds were relentless. By far the worst conditions that I’ve experienced in my 10 marathons. Rain came down in sheets. I decided in mile 2 to make this a fun run. I had an absolute blast from Hopkinton to Boston. So much fun for my first Boston.

Marist alum results, with net time (half marathon split) and age place
Pat Deedy 3:00:15 (1:28:41) 1427
Kara Lightowler 3:12:27 (1:31:35) 326
Kelley Posch 3:24:37 (1:41:11) 1052
Kent Rinehart 3:30:59 (1:43:56) 1167
Nate Lungarini 3:53:34 (1:34:15) 3533



No comments: