Saturday, August 19, 2017

Preseason 2017: The shape of success

For this morning's practice, we brought the team over to Vassar Farm and Ecological Preserve for an easy run on the course we will be using for our "home" meet, which is two weeks from today (hard to believe). It was a blazing hot morning, the first really hot day for running that we can remember in quite a while. Fortunately, this morning's run was relatively short. It was delightful to see the above (as well as other) sculpture along or near the XC course at the Farm. I recall Marist Track Alum Peter VanAken telling me about this project -- called "Art on the Farm Outdoor Sculpture Show" (check out their Facebook page and "like" it!) -- which runs from July 1 through October 29. This happened to be my favorite sculpture of the ones that I saw. I look forward to exploring the course and finding them all, and I encourage you to do so the next time you are at Vassar Farm.

No comments: