Thursday, March 2, 2017

Alum Justin Harris: Making a difference on a different national team

Check out this excellent article on Marist Running Alum Justin Harris, now Associate Head Track Coach at Vassar College. Justin has been working with the U.S. Skeleton and Bobsled Team on some biomechanic research, trying to help them get an extra edge and a few extra hundreths of a second in their daring and complex sport. It's a great read, written by our old friend Larry Hertz (I worked with Larry for many years at the Poughkeepsie Journal). We are very proud of Jut -- in this and all his endeavors, at Vassar and elsewhere. Neat!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the support always Coach!

I've always have tried to make an impact where ever I am, and that is something you nourished and facilitated during my 5-years at Marist. Whether it was encouraging me to try to 10K for junior nationals, Steeplechase for the first time, or work my way onto the 4x800, the many lessons I've learned have carried me to many "neat" places.

Even your unfortunate over-dressing and love of puns have rubbed off.

Jut