Friday, December 30, 2016

The holidays

As is usually the case, the posts have been infrequent during this time of year. Not much to report from a team standpoint, and we have been busy with family and holiday activities. Santa was good to me this year. The theme: Making the old coach’s life easier. In fact, that seems to be the trend in electronics gifts this year, right? Anyway! Heidi splurged and got me a remote car starter, something I have avoided getting for myself out of guilt. I already love it. Another gift, one that is sure to save me a lot of money throughout the year: a Keurig coffee machine. The basic model. That’s all I need. My stops at Stewart’s (small coffee = $1.30) will be far less frequent now. That’s OK!


In other news! Talk about worlds colliding: I just got a text from Tino, who is down at Ocean Breeze today coaching his high school team. Who did he run into? Hughes, also coaching his high school team. Former teammates and friends, Forever Foxes, joining the expanding list of former Foxes who now coach their own teams. And oh yeah: A skinny senior captain from FDR’s track team will also be at the meet. Pretty neat. 

No comments: