Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Happy New Year, July style

Sorry for the long gap in posts. There are several posts in the hopper that we'll get going with soon. Still digging out from the mound of emails in my inbox. Even with a smartphone, where I can check the emails, they still pile up while on vacation. That's because I tend not to reply or send emails from my phone. Change comes slowly to this old guy. I've said it before, but this time of year has the feel of New Year's in the three-season world of our program. The outdoor track season concluded with the championships, culminating in USATF Juniors. Now, our full focus is on the fall XC season and the beginning of preseason training for XC (in August) and track (in mid-September). Both are still a fair amount of time in the future, but it will be here before we all know it.

Also! "Summer" in my world tends to be split in two parts: The first phase after our athletes leave campus for home (but my own kids are still in school); the second phase (now), where our athletes are still away but my own kids are out of school. This second phase has an odd busyness to it, with no rhyme or reason to each day and each week. So if there are some gaps in posts, that is why; I literally don't know whether I'm coming or going at times.

1 comment:

Stalwart said...

https://www.facebook.com/859962314042173/photos/a.860005127371225.1073741828.859962314042173/863675823670822/?type=1&theater