Thursday, December 12, 2013

The winter beard at 2 weeks

Remember that post from a few weeks ago? Well. OK. Here's the update on the 100-day Winter Beard. You can see the non-selfie photo (notice: no duck lips) taken by my daughter Natalie on her iPod. The beard's coming in. And it's gray. No breaking news on either part. Oh yeah. Not much hair under that Runner's Edge hat, either. Again. No breaking news there either.

For those keeping score at home: I actually started the beard on Thanksgiving, since Heidi wanted me clean-shaven for our fancy dinner. Fair enough. To make things interesting, on the morning before Thanksgiving I went to my barber Sal, and he buzzed my hair down to the skin. So we'll go 100 days and see what grows faster. Smart money is on the beard growing faster than the stuff under the Runner's Edge hat.

Remember, as stated in the original post I am taking donations for Dimes For Downs on my Winter Beard and will convert all donations to dimes to give to that wonderful cause.

No comments: