Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Red Fox Trot update

In my usual disorganized fashion, I have emailed Red Fox Trot 5K applications to various alumni. If you are a blog follower and you are interested in participating in the Red Fox Trot 5K, which is on Saturday, Sept. 10, email me at runhed246@hotmail.com and I’ll get you an application.

Or better yet: Go to www.mhrrc.org and register online!

We are hoping for a huge Marist Alumni Running turnout at the race. Afterwards, we do plan a very informal Marist Running alumni reception on the river. The more the merrier!

I am still in the process of finalizing the course, as ongoing campus construction has hampered my putting the finishing touches on it. Right now, the plan is for the course to go under Route 9 on the new pedestrian walking path. Once the course is completed, I will let you know.

For those who ran the race last year, the first 1.25 miles and the last 1.25 miles will basically be the same. It’s that middle mile or less that will be altered a bit. And oh yes: By popular demand, the riverfront finish will be flat and will avoid that nasty hill this time around.

Hope to see many of you there …

No comments: